- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Friday Preview: Kaneland (7-1) @ Morris (3-5)
With playoff placing on the line, Kaneland travels to Grundy County to face the Morris Redskins on Friday, Oct. 24.
Morris, under fourth-year coach Alan Thorson, beat visiting Rochelle by a final of 31-28, but will fail to make the playoffs for the first time since 2000 with a 3-5 record. The Redskins were runners-up in last year’s Class 5A State Championship game and had been to a title game four times in the last 10 years.
Since becoming conference mates in the NIB-12 in 2010, Kaneland has won every meeting, but not without drama. After handling the visiting Redskins 47-7 in 2010, the Knights escaped Morris with a tight 31-28 win in 2011, and won on a last-second catch in Maple Park by Zach Martinelli in 2012 by a 33-30 margin.