- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Bowlers don’t feel at home vs. DeKalb
by Mike Slodki
KANELAND—Mardi Gras Lanes in DeKalb doesn’t feel like a home base when you lose to the building’s other tenant.
Kaneland suited up against the DeKalb Lady Barbs for a Thursday meeting as part of Northern Illinois Big XII Conference play, only to suffer a handy 3,063-2.539 defeat. It marked the third consecutive head-to-head setback for KHS, which fell to 2-5 on the season.
DeKalb was paced by a high team series of 1,013. For Kaneland, high series went to junior Dominique Lee at 522 and senior counterpart Christie Crews at 503. High games went to Lee’s 210 and Crews’ 193. The high Kaneland team game was a collective 850.
Kaneland bowling will enjoy a little rest and relaxation before hitting the lanes on Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Four Seasons in Sycamore against the Lady Spartans.