- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Sugar Grove UMC invites public to dedication
The public is invited to the dedication of a new open-air steel pavilion at the future site of Sugar Grove United Methodist Church, 4S633 Harter Road, on Sunday, May 17, at noon. The site is part of the church’s 40-acre campus, located west of Route 47 and Waubonsee Community College.
The pavilion will be dedicated in memory of Cathy Brouch Kroe.
Everyone is also invited to a “planting party” on Saturday, May 16, at 10 a.m. The group will plant native flowers and grasses around the pavilion, in memory of Richard and Margaret Raymond, and at the church’s nearby three-acre native prairie.
For more information, call (630) 466-4501.