- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Elburn Lions ready to ride
The Elburn Lions Club will host its 10th Anniversary Motorcycle Ride on Sunday, June 7. The 80-mile open road ride through scenic country roads will begin and finish at Elburn Lions Park, 500 S. Fillmore St.. Registration begins at 9 a.m. at Elburn Lions Park. Vendors, food and beverages will be available throughout the day. Upon returning to Lions Park, all will be entertained by the popular musical group 61 Beale Street. This “Party in the Park” will last until 4 p.m. Additional events will include a 50/ 50 Raffle, a Poker Walk in the Park and an Ironhorse Rodeo.
All motorcyclists are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Hosted by all volunteers, the event will benefit the following charities: Leader Dog (www.leaderdog.org); Camp Lions (lionsofillinoisfoundation.org/services/camplions/camplions.htm); Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Illinois www.jdrfillinois.org); Christmas Gifts for Needy Kids- purchasing of Christmas gifts for local DCFS youths.
Additional info can be obtained at www.elburnlions.com.