- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Village passes new cable ordinance
Staff to meet with MediaCom to discuss problems
by Susan O’Neill
The Sugar Grove Village Board on Tuesday approved a cable franchise ordinance for new cable companies wishing to locate in Sugar Grove.
Separate from the agreement the village currently has with MediaCom, the village’s main cable provider, the ordinance spells out standards for current and anticipated technical, facility, procedural and operational, franchise and customer service issues.
Also included in the ordinance are recommendations gathered from a customer survey and a community-wide village meeting regarding services that MediaCom provides.
â€œThe survey showed that people are not happy with their MediaCom service,â€ Sugar Grove Finance Director Justin VanVooren said during the discussion of the ordinance at the May 5 Committee of the Whole meeting.
Village staff will meet with Media Com representatives on Thursday, May 21, to discuss problems and issues residents would like to have resolved prior to the renewal of the Media Com’s contract with the village later this year.
â€œWe’ll use the ordinance as a starting point,â€ VanVooren said.