- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Sugar Grove discusses possible Route 47 name change
SUGAR GROVE—The Sugar Grove Village Board on Tuesday discussed the possibility of changing the name of Route 47 to a more localized name.
“This would be a great way to market,” said Village Board trustee Mari Johnson. “It’s not an issue with IDOT, and (the idea) was accepted by EDC members. They’re suggestion was ‘Sugar Grove Parkway.’ It goes along with our plans to have a sense of community.”
The name change is directly related to the village’s goals of creating a deeper sense of community, according to Johnson. It was brought up that this name change should happen sooner rather than later, because there are currently not many addresses on Route 47 at the moment.
Village Administrator Brent Eichelberger brought up some possible concerns for the name change.
“It’s not necessarily a slam dunk. It might cause issues and confusions,” he said.
Route 30 is an example of this project, as it has a local name of Veterans Memorial Parkway, according to Eichelberger.
“We need to identify all the properties on Route 47 and if addresses would have to change,” Village President Sean Michels said. “This project would be more for marketing purposes.”