- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Kids Have Fun in Summer Speech Group w/photo
MAPLE PARKâ€”Community Therapy Services, a St. Charles provider of pediatric therapy services, offers a group called Motor Mouths every summer.
Motor Mouths is a speech group for 3- to 5-year-old children who are difficult to understand or who have delays in speech development.
A unique feature of this group is that it meets at the Blazing Prairie Stars therapy farm in Maple Park. The farm offers horses, donkeys, butterfly gardens, playground equipment and 22 acres of prairie land, which provide a motivating setting to base therapy activities.
Motor Mouths meets on Friday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30, beginning June 19. A second session of Motor Mouths starts later in the summer on Friday, July 17.
For information about signing up for this group, call Community Therapy Services at (630) 444-0077.