- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Batavia Garden Walk set for June 20
KANEâ€”â€œPrimrose to Prairieâ€ is the theme of this year’s garden walk presented by the Batavia Plain Dirt Gardeners on Saturday, June 20, from 10 am to 4 pm.
Seven gardens are open for discovery, from a stately property that was once part of the Underground Railroad to a former limestone quarry overlooking the Fox River.
This is the eighth garden walk for the Plain Dirt Gardeners. This event and the annual plant sale in May provide funds towards the club’s commitment to maintain the Batavia Wildflower Sanctuary and for providing several college scholarships.
Tickets for the Garden Walk are $12.50 in advance and are available at the Batavia Park District, 327 W. Wilson St. Several local businesses are also selling tickets.
The day of the walk, tickets may be purchased for $15 at the Government Center, 1000 N. Island Ave., Batavia.
Stop by the Government Center for a complimentary tea featuring beverages, finger sandwiches and homemade desserts. There will be a raffle, plus many yard and garden items offered for sale.
For more information, call (630) 879-9638 or e-mail email@example.com.