- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
MP man arrested for threat against police
by Martha Quetsch
A Maple Park man arrested for threatening to shoot and dismember a police officer is being held in the Kane County Jail on $300,000 bail.
The offender, Jose E. Blanco, 44, of the 200 block of Main St., committed this felony against a Maple Park officer at Blancoâ€™s residence May 21, according to the Kane County Stateâ€™s Attorneyâ€™s office.
Blanco also faces several misdemeanor charges related to an incident May 9 in the 100 block of Main Street in Maple Park, where he exposed himself to a juvenile for sexual arousal, tried to pull the victim toward him, and delivered alcohol to five minors.
His next court date on the misdemeanors is June 16. On the felony offense, he is scheduled to appear in court June 22.