- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Lions Club crosses fingers on fireworks
by Susan O’Neill
SUGAR GROVEâ€”The Sugar Grove Lions Club still hopes to raise enough money for a fireworks display during this year’s Corn Boil in July. Lions Club President Bob Bohler said he will wait and see how much in donations comes in during the next two weeks before making a final decision. The amount of money needed for the display is $12,000.
â€œOur drop dead date is July 1,â€ Bohler said.
Collection jars will be available at the upcoming Saturday Farmer’s Markets for contributions from residents. Bohler was not deterred by the news that Elburn has cancelled its Day in the Park fireworks celebration or that North Aurora cancelled its display to combine theirs with Aurora’s.
â€œI’ve got a lot of faith in our community,â€ he said.