- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Virginia M. Tierney
Virginia M. Tierney, 69, of Sugar Grove passed away Friday, June 26, 2009, at her home.
She was born Sept. 21, 1939, in Chicago, the daughter of the late Joseph and Grace (Soreng) Tierney.
Virginia was a graduate of St. Columbkille High School in Chicago, and a long time member of Holy Angels Catholic Parish. She was employed for over 30 years as an adjustor for the Hartford Insurance Company.
She is survived by her daughter, Pam (Joe) Fese of Aurora; her grandchildren, Jessica Fese and Joseph Fese of Aurora; her nieces, Kathy Farmstone and Patricia Amerlan; her nephews, James Orabutt and Tim Orabutt; many cousins and friends.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her sister, Marian Orabutt; and her brother, Jack Teirney.
Visitation was held June 29 at The Healy Chapel in Sugar Grove, with a Liturgical Wake service that evening. A Funeral Mass was held June 30 at Holy Angels Catholic Church. Interment took place at Resurrection Cemetery in Geneva.
For further information, please call (630) 466-1330 or to leave a condolence visit www.healychapel.com.