- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
WCC wins 5 communication awards
SUGAR GROVEâ€”Waubonsee Community College won five Awards of Excellence in the 15th Annual Communicator Awards Competition recently. The Award of Excellence is the top award in the competition, which is sponsored by the International Academy of the Visual Arts.
Competing against more than 7,000 entries, the college won awards for its Connect alumni publication, Waubonseeâ€™s 40th anniversary finale special event, the holiday card, the fall 2008 credit schedule cover, and 40th anniversary â€œFabulous 40â€ newspaper insert.
The Communicator Awards is an international competition that recognizes outstanding work in the communication field. Entries are judged by industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.