- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
New policy: Staff not required at board meetings
Curtis wants to formalize policies, procedures
by Martha Quetsch
MAPLE PARKâ€”Under a new policy for the village of Maple Park, village employees are not obligated to attend Village Board meetings.
The Village Board approved the policy July 7.
â€œThis eliminates the (previous) requirement for employees to attend, unless they are asked to attend,â€ trustee Mark Delaney said.
Village President Kathy Curtis said the employee attendance requirement was never an official policy; however, the board agreed that a policy was needed and that it should not make staff attendance at board meetings mandatory.
â€œWe established this policy to establish/document the standard operation procedure that previously did not exist,â€ Curtis said.
Curtis added that village employees and residents can expect to see a pattern of formalizing policy and procedures over the next four years.
â€œAs Maple Park anticipates growth, village hall needs to be positioned to function efficiently and effectively,â€ Curtis said. â€œOur goal is to continually improve.â€