- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Letter: Thanks for attending our barbecue
Thanks to all who made Sundayâ€™s barbecue at Lions Park a great success. Those attending met and heard Illinois State senators Chris Lauzen and Kirk Dillard, state Rep. Kay Hatcher, and judges Ann Jorgensen, Mary Schostok, Karen Simpson and Kevin Busch.
We had a star-studded assembly of candidates as well: Governor candidates Kirk Dillard, Adam Adrzejewski and Dan Proft, captured audience attention with bold, no-nonsense speeches. Also speaking were candidates for Illinois 14th Rep. District Jeff Danklefsen, Ethan Hastert and Mark Vargas, U.S. Senate candidates Bill Lee and John Arrington, and judicial candidates Robert â€œBobâ€ Pilmer and Donald â€œDJâ€ Tegeler.
Appellate Court Justice Ann Jorgensonâ€™s speech was a civics lesson concerning how Appellate Court decisions create legal precedent, thus becoming law. A good dinner and an entertaining and informative evening was had by all.
Special thanks to host and master of ceremonies T.R. Smith, and to Elburn Lions Club for the success of this event.
Dennis C. Ryan
Western Kane County Republicans