- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Bomb threat received at County Courthouse
KANE COUNTYâ€”Officials evacuated the Kane County Courthouse Friday afternoon after an employee in the Kane County Probation office received a phone call saying there was a bomb in the building.
According to a statement released from the Kane County Sheriffâ€™s Department, the incident occurred at 4:30 p.m. The normal business of the court held at the courthouse, at 37W777 Route 38, had been concluded for the day and no trials were ongoing at the time of the incident.
Sheriff’s deputies, along with members of court security and the Sheriff’s Department Bomb squad, responded to the incident.
As of the latest information provided by the department, no suspicious packages were found, and the Sheriff’s Department will be conducting an investigation into the threat.