- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Rt. 47 closed for 6 hours
by Susan O’Neill
SUGAR GROVEâ€”The Sugar Grove Police shut down Route 47 between Prairie Street and Jericho Road between 3 and 9 p.m. on Monday after a 40,000 pound slab of concrete crushed the cab of the truck transporting it.
The concrete slab shifted on the trailer when the driver of the truck, Joseph Durham, slowed down. Durham suffered minor injuries. The Sugar Grove Fire Department took him to an area hospital, where he was treated and released.
The road was shut down for six hours when a crane was brought in to move the 40-foot-long piece of concrete to another trailer.