- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Final date for Senior Citizen Assessment freeze Oct. 1
COUNTYâ€”The final date for the 2008 Senior Citizen Assessment freeze, taxes payable 2009, is Oct. 1.
If you did not file for 2008 and were older than 65 in 2008, total household income was $55,000 or less, and your property was owner-occupied on Jan. 1, 2008 and 2009, you should immediately contact the Kane County Supervisor of Assessement office, 719 Batavia Ave., Building C, Geneva, or (630) 208-3818.
After Oct. 1, seniors will be unable to take advantage of the assessment freeze for 2008.