Romke competes with Anderson for Village President

By on January 30, 2009

Seven candidates to run for three trustee positions

by Martha Quetsch

The 2009 Elburn Village President election will be a race.

Patricia Romke filed for candidacy in the April 7 Village President election against Dave Anderson. Three-term Village President Jim Willey is not seeking re-election.

Romke, a local Realtor and a village trustee since 2007, said if elected, she will focus strongly on fiscal responsibility.

“I feel I can lead Elburn in the right direction as we plan for the future in this difficult economy,” Romke said.

Anderson, former longtime owner of The Grocery Store in Elburn, said when he announced his candidacy in November that among his goals if elected is having the village create a new long-range plan.

Romke and Anderson were among several Elburn residents submitting municipal election petitions, which were due Jan. 26. They include seven others, who will vie for three Village Board seats.

The three trustee positions that are up for election April 7 currently are held by Tom Burgholzer, Jeff Humm and Craig Swan.

Six-year trustee Humm and two-term trustee Burgholzer will seek re-election, but three-term trustee Craig Swan said he will not run again.

In addition to Humm and Burgholzer, village trustee candidates include Ken Anderson, David Gualdoni, Joseph (Jerry) Schmidt, Robert Swartz and Jeffrey Walter.

An election is held every two years for three of the six trustee positions on the Village Board.

The Elburn trustee seats currently held by Romke, Bill Grabarek, and Gordon Dierschow, will be up for election in 2011.

About Martha Quetsch

1. Budget Guru

March 2, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I have a real issue with why one of our two village presidential candidates refused to show up at the Elburn Lions Club on Sunday. Not only is the Lions club a pillar to our community but to the world. Where was Patricia Romke???? I toured Elburn and certainly did not see her out going door to door like she had said. I am in full support of Mr. David Anderson. I beleive his resume speaks for itself and would be an asset to our village government. View his webpage and see! Good luck Dave!!!

2. Concerned citizen

March 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I completely agree! I could not make it to Lions Park. However how does that look when a potential candidate can not make time for an organization but also for the citizens that did show up. If Patricia Romke trully wants people to get to know her as she keeps writing in letters to the editor. She had her chance at Lions Park.

3. Rebel

March 3, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Please read the Daily Herald article before you come to a conclusion. I know the Lions Club is important to Elburn which Anderson is a member of, but I agree with Romke that the Lions club did not make it clear that you did not have to buy the dinner in order to attend. Sorry we should be able to hear the canidates for free. She has been on the Elburn Herald talking about the issues already and listening to residents. I like her ideas and believe she will bring more modern ideas to Elburn than Mr. Anderson will.

4. Budget Guru

March 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Rebel. I did read the article. Did you notice Patrica Romke could have communicated to the residents of Elburn after this statement.
    Romke said that residents who learned about the event might have thought it was a fundraiser for the Lions, although she knew that it wasn’t. With that being said there is already a lack of communication???? She may bring more modern ideas, however are they right for Elburn. What experience does she have in government? I do not presonally know either candidate but facts are facts. Mr. Anderson has the experience, and he is a lifelong resident of Elburn. Right now the village needs experience and fiscal responsibility. Neither have been demonstrated from Ms. Romke.

5. Patricia Romke

March 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM

We must continue to provide the required essential services our residents expect, clean water, sewer and street maintenance, police protection, including safe streets and neighborhoods. We must seize the opportunities that are set before us, continuing to work in conjunction with our local, state and national officials, availing ourselves of opportunities to partner with all governmental entities including not-for-profit organizations as well as the library, the Community Center, the Chamber of Commerce, and our local houses of worship. We will gain energy from these organizations and become stronger as a village, with a stronger sense of community then ever before. We will weather this storm and we will grow as a people, not returning to “the way we were,” but creating a new vision for our community, one that is rooted in the past, forged in the present by the challenges we have faced, but ultimately enduring for the future, formed to stand the test of time. We will prepare for this future in a fiscally responsible manner, and as that future unfolds we will be better than ever. I remain confident that we will not only weather the current economic downturn, we will thrive. We will take the best of the past to allow us to draw value from our experience and knowledge, and energetically continue to promote our community activities, encouraging families to come together and share in the activities that are available right here at home.

6. Budget Guru

March 3, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Ms. Romke I suggest you take a deep look at who the major supporter of those activities is (Lions Club). Events such as Elburn Days, Day in the Park (Chamber of Commerce and Lions Club). If or current village government of which you are a part of and energetically continue to promote our community activities, encouraging families to come together and share in the activities that are available right here at home. What activities would those be???? What has the village done to revitalize dowtown? You speak of storefront signage and dollars to support it. Elburn has bigger problems with its infrastructure. Whats the plan with the dollars that Elburn could receive from the stimulus package? Or has our local government not looked into that? As Barack Obama said “Change” I think its time Elburn.

7. Patricia Romke

March 3, 2009 at 12:14 PM

We will never bring back the “good old days” of Elburn as a quaint little farm town, but we do have the ability to create a viable downtown, accessible by pedestrian paths or footbridges from the train station, making Elburn a destination place for visitors. Development of our business corridor is required to maintain a viable shopping district. We must make downtown Elburn everyone’s gathering place. We have the Metra tying us to the greatest concentration of culture in the country. Museums, parks, the lakefront, theater and some of the highest rated restaurants in the country. Conversely we have the opportunity to bring those who live to the east out to Elburn, a community with the a unique sense of place, businesses like Amazing Grace, Reams, Alice’s Place, Blackberry Station, Town & Country library, the Community Center, several parks, all within walking distance of one another, a downtown that welcomes visitors. Our residential growth has slowed and we are afforded the opportunity to focus our efforts on revitalizing our downtown. Partnerships with the current business owners and the Elburn Chamber of Commerce will allow us to welcome new business to our downtown. I support the initiative “Shop Elburn First” and encourage property owners of vacant buildings to make those properties affordable for boutique business owners. I also support thoughtful development within the “Emerald Necklace” boundaries shown on Elburn’s well-established comprehensive plan. We must prevent sprawl, which will be the demise of our sense of community. Growth for growth’s sake can be like a cancer. It will suffocate and kill that which is good in our community. Residential growth, studies have shown, does not pay its way in infrastructure costs, of vital services, let alone the desired amenities. Revitalizing our downtown must be a priority for the coming years.

8. Rebel

March 3, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Good points Mrs. Romke and Budget Guru. Mrs. Romke has been on here talking to residents of Elburn and she has shown she is willing to listed, where is Dave Anderson? What is his opinion? I am still waiting.

9. Rebel

March 3, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Oh yeah I did read his website and Mrs. Romke’s. A lot of similiar ideas, but I guess I feel more connected to Mrs. Romke because she has directly spoken to residens via this forum. I am a younger resident with a newer family. I would like to have someone who represents new ideas and is approachable. Maybe if Mr. Anderson was on hear to talk to residents I would change my mind, but for now Mrs. Romke gets my vote.

10. Budget Guru

March 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM

First off Mrs Romke. I understand your opinion, and you have voiced it several times here and in the actual paper. However you did not seem to answer my questions. One of your responses hit me funny. (Residential growth, studies have shown, does not pay its way in infrastructure costs, of vital services, let alone the desired amenities.) You voted for most of the growth in Elburn. On the village board you had a say into how much growth Elburn could incur. It was the vilages responsibility to support its infrastructure first and foremost. If that is not done everyone fails ie… backup power for sewer treatment plant and also the drainage issues.

Rebel, I understand! I too am a youger person in Elburn and want the very best for my family. Let me give you an example. How smart is it for the Current village administration to purchase all of the SUV’s and pickup trucks with taxpayer money for both the Police and Building depts. Those whom made that decision have been on the board. How fiscally responsible is that during these times. Also in one of Dave Anderson’s repsonses here he stated he is always available via the coffee shop downtown, e-mail, etc… I am just more comfortable with someone that has experience than someone that has been on the village board making the wrong decisions for only two years in my opinion. Again I just want the best for the village, but am very digusted with the current administration.

11. Rebel

March 3, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Thanks for the info Budget Guru. Should be an interesting race, maybe we can see a debate between the two canidates. Although if one of them said they can guarantee a Burger King, Oberweis, a Chilis, Starbucks, hardware store and a place to workout or something similiar to these places then I will be happy. :)

12. David Anderson

March 3, 2009 at 6:12 PM

To Rebel and all who have posted comments today….I appreciate the public discourse and hope it continues. Unfortunately, my responsibilities as Blackberry Township Supervisor limit my ability to respond and respond quickly. And, just because I don’t respond, doesn’t mean I am not listening to your concerns and not speaking directly to the public. As an “older” resident, I also want the best for my family and yours as well….with two sons and two grandchildren living in Elburn, I would like to think that I am cross-generational in my thinking with what is best for Elburn.

As I said via my post here last week, I encourage everyone to send me an email at daforelburn@yahoo.com , visit my website at http://www.davidandersonforelburn.com or just give me a call at 630-365-9139. Better yet, let’s have coffee, I can be found most mornings, in town, at Elburn’s Kountry Kettle. If you can’t make it for coffee, let me know and I would be more than happy to meet with any and all, at a more convenient location.

According to Kay Hatcher (our state representative) public works projects will be given priority within the “economic stimulus package” and should be brought to the attention of our local representative (Hatcher and/or state senator Chris Lauzen). We, at Blackberry Township , have already submitted two such projects. I certainly feel that if not already done, the Village of Elburn must do the same. As we all know, Elburn has issues with storm water removal and sewer system infrastructure that must be dealt with ASAP and it certainly would be nice to get some federal funds. Without federal funds however, these two issues must be addressed and addressed quickly.

I will address issues of concern either here (via this forum) and/or on my website. But I do encourage all residents to call or email me with any additional items they would like me to comment on.

Thank you. Dave

13. Patricia Romke

March 3, 2009 at 7:17 PM

We must seize the opportunities that are set before us, such as submitting our “shovel ready” projects to our state officials (which we have already done) and continuing to work in conjunction with our local, state and national officials, availing ourselves of opportunities to partner with all governmental entities including not-for-profit organizations as well as the library, the Community Center, the Chamber of Commerce, and our local houses of worship. We will gain energy from these organizations and become stronger as a village, with a stronger sense of community than ever before.

We must prepare for this future in a fiscally responsible manner, and as that future unfolds we will be better than ever. I remain confident that we will not only weather the current economic downturn, we will thrive. We will take the best of the past to allow us to draw value from our experience and knowledge, and energetically continue to promote our community activities, encouraging families to come together and share in the activities that are available right here at home.

14. OutWestinElburn

March 3, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Ms. Romke, the more you respond to comments and questions the more it seems as though you are writing fairy tails. What have YOU done the past two years you have been on the Village Board? I know the meetings I have attended you seem spend most of your time day dreaming. As I stated in the Daily Herald a few weeks ago, you have had your chance and you stood idle. I think its to little to late now! Good luck to Mr. Anderson!!

15. Rebel

March 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Thank you Mr. Anderson for coming on here and giving your side. I will be sure to contact you with questions/concerns.

16. Concerned Citizen

March 5, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Mrs. Romke As part of the village ordinance I do not beleive a sign can be attached to structure as your is at the intersection of Keslinger Rd. and Rt. 47. Also what is the square foot of your signs. Being on the Village board did you not read the ordinance?
    Well here it is below.

Political signs, subject to the following:
    a. Shall have an area of no more than thirty-two (32) sq. ft. and shall not
    exceed six (6) ft. in height;
    b. May be located in any zoning district provided they are erected no more
    than sixty (60) days prior to an election and are removed within six (6)
    days following the election;
    c. Shall not be attached to fences, trees, utility poles, light poles or similar
    structures, or placed within the public right-of-way. Shall not be placed
    within the sight vision triangle at street intersections or other areas which
    pose a safety concern; and.

Or since you are on the village board do you get and exception to the rule?

Mrs. Romke I am not in favor of either candidate but I do find your signs a little excessive.

17. OutWestinElburn

March 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Well put about the signs Concerned Citizen. Like everything she has said and done, she wants to make sure its all about her! and not truly about the people of Elburn. How would you like to be her neighbor and see that huge sign posted next door to you? I dont think she truly cares about others. As I said earlier, I think its to little to late for her. Or, maybe in this case Way to MUCH, to late! I think there is no question that Mr. David Anderson is the clear choice with all of his experience.

18. David Anderson

March 10, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Meet the Candidates, March 21 & 22 (9am to 12pm), 107 North Main Street in
    Downtown Elburn…..

On Saturday, March 21st and Sunday, March 22nd (9am to 12pm), I will be
    hosting a meet-and-greet/question-and-answer session at the former home of
    “The Grocery Store” in downtown Elburn (107 North Main Street).

Myself, along with several trustee candidates will be on hand to discuss any
    and all comments, questions and suggestions from the Elburn community. We
    hope to see you there!

Thank you. Dave

daforelburn@yahoo.com

19. Elburn Herald

March 13, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Editor note: As a policy, employees at the Elburn Herald will generally not take part in the comment section of our website, elburnherald.com. We are here to report the news and views of the community as accurately as possible, not debate it.

However, we do moderate the comments, making sure everything is appropriate for people of all ages, and in the spirit of honest, truthful debate.

We DO NOT edit comments in any way, so if there is an issue with a comment on elburnherald.com, we simply delete it entirely. However, I have, and always will, explain via e-mail the reason why I deleted the comment.

It is therefore necessary to provide a VALID e-mail address—which is not made public, nor sold to any other companies—so I can explain why it was deleted.

Recently, I deleted two entries from an individual on this site. The reason was there were potentially libelous statements about another individual that were not backed up with the burden of truth by the commenter.

When I attempted to e-mailed that commenter, the e-mail was returned to me undeliverable, as the e-mail address provided by the commenter was not a real address.

We received calls in the office asking why these comments were taken down, and this is why.

It is up to the commenter on this site that if they make a statement of fact, it needs to be backed up with a reasonable burden of truth. This way, the commenter will not be subject to a potential libel lawsuit, and our website will not be a vehicle for hearsay that is not backed up with proof.

In the case of the particular comments that were removed, speculation or questioning regarding the legality of a persons’ actions is acceptable, but a statement that someone is engaging in illegal activity without citing a credible source for that information is potential libel.

I hope this clears up any confusion, and also stresses the importance for valid e-mails on elburnherald.com.

Ben Draper
    Assistant Editor
    Elburn Herald
    bdraper@elburnherald.com

20. Patricia Romke

March 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Where to vote on Aril 7th
    ELBURN VILLAGE HALL, 301 E NORTH ST, ELBURN

BLACKBERRY TOWN HALL, 43W390 MAIN STREET RD, ELBURN

ELBURN COUNTRYSIDE COMMUNITY CENTER, 525 N MAIN, ELBURN

21. David Anderson

March 28, 2009 at 6:26 PM

To all Elburn residents,

One of the most important things we can do as Americans today is to vote. Please remember to vote on April 7th.
    During these tough economic times. I will promise to do my best to lead Elburn in the right direction.

Please vote for: http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=280687

Vision
    Dedication
    Integrity
    ***NON-PARTISANSHIP***
    Experience

*******VOTE FOR PATRICIA ROMKE*******

TUESDAY APRIL 7th http://ssm.kcchronicle.com/kcchronicle/election2009/elburn_pres.html

23. MLAnderson

March 29, 2009 at 1:49 PM

As I am sure most of you who read theese comments have noticed Ms. Romke particularly likes to copy and paste links where here name appears in other newpaper articles. I think that this goes to show that she really likes to see her name appear in the paper. I would encourage Village of Elburn residents to make sure they have all the TRUE facts before voting on Tuesday April 7. I feel that my father David Anderson is by far the best choice for Village of Elburn President. In his numerous years of community service, he has made many contacts throughout the community not only with residents but, also with other government officials which will greatly help put Elburn in a better place in the future. So, when you vote if you want true dedication, and experience I think that my father has an extremely well proven track record. Please vote for David L. Anderson for your next Village of Elburn President. If you would like more information please see http://www.davidandersonforelburn.com. Thank you! and please Vote!
    Michael L. Anderson

24. OutWestinElburn

March 29, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I see Ms. Romke has been posting more comments today. I wanted to let the residents know a couple of things about her. First, I am sure that not many of you know that as a Village Trustee she sent out emails to all of the Village Employees asking for their support in the election as Village of Elburn Preident. Kind of unethecial don’t you think? second, if you have been reading some of the more recent newspaper artices you have noticed that SHE would like to track what the Village Employees are doing. I thought thats why the Village had supervisors? Does she think that now its her responsiblity to micromanage the Villages work? Where has she been for the last 2 years whie she was trustee? What has she accomplished? How would you feel if you worked for the Village and this is what you are getting from your elected officials? I know I would not want to work here. David Anderson has a proven track record time and time again of working with all of his constituents. It is time for a change. Vote for David Anderson for Village of Elburn President on April 7. We dont need Elected officials telling the police officers how to write tickets or telling the Public Works employees how to plow snow, such as Ms. Romke has indicated by monitoring what the employees are doing. I know I couldnt work for someone like that! David Anderson would utilize his staff as they are supposed to be utilizied and not micromanage. I think that if you look at his record of Blackberry Township Supervisor you will find that is not his way of conducting business. Good Luck with your win on April 7 Dave!! The number of supporters for you is to many to count!!

25. Patricia Romke

March 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM

outwestinelburn, my response to you is quite simple, every time you post one of your diatribes I get another 10-15 hits on my website. I believe that the residents do have a choice and they will make their decision known on April 7th. I will continue to conduct myself as a professional and I commend David Anderson for doing the same. As a candidate I do not have control over the questionable, out of context, potentially libelous accusations that have been made, and regarding your comment about requiring written job descriptions and time management studies; these tools are not micromanaging, they are good business practices. I look forward to continuing to serve the Village of Elburn and all of its residents.

26. Patricia Romke

April 1, 2009 at 10:56 AM

VOTE TODAY at TOWN @ COUNTRY LIBRARY 1:00pm – 8:00PM

27. Richard Romke

April 1, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I would like to take the opportunity to ask all Elburnites to consider their votes carefully in this election. My wife Patricia has worked hard, day and night to get her message out about her campaign, despite criticism and false allegations, she has pushed on, walking door to door to ask for votes, (many times in freezing temperatures and on rainy days.) I can personally attest to the passion she brings to the table and all the while without support from any politician, (local, county or other) she has been self-funded and will therefore not be obligated to any political party or persons. When did a small town like Elburn become so saturated in the machinations of politics? Actually it wasn’t until a couple of months ago. We went from being a carefully growing, modest community sharing the pains that come with development.

The change came with the jockeying for position in the town’s first contested mayoral election in eight years accompanied by the fact of a long sitting mayor deciding to step down. Jim Willey led Elburn through significant growth and although it may have been trying at times, he never let it show. He wore his love for Elburn on his sleeve; he really deeply cared about us. His contributions will be with us for a very long time. Development was happening to the north and south of the sleepy little village and people were arriving by the hundreds to be part of the far west suburb we call home. The arrival of Metra will always be an accomplishment Jim can be proud of. The dedication of the end of the line was indeed a momentous day (even though it was postponed a while due to one of our dazzling snowstorms,) but come it did and with it the opportunity to link the old Elburn with the new.

Development has slowed, there are those who would like to take Elburn back 30 years, with policy made in the local coffee shop and committees meeting in private rather than out in front of the public where citizens would have the opportunity to weigh in on the decisions of the board. We should not let machine politics become a part of our way of life. The State of Illinois, the City of Chicago and Kane County itself have done nothing, if not taught us that government should be more transparent. Our President has made good on his promise of transparency in government, you can go to the web and see where the money is going. We too must be willing to post our budget on the website for everyone to see, along with our local ordinances and all documents that affect our citizens. We can bury our heads in the sand and let the good old boys take us back to Mayberry, or we can move forward with courage and optimism by choosing a leader who is not a career politician but possesses intelligence, is educated, and has spent a 25 year career in business, and who is willing to work hard to bring Elburn forward to it’s rightful place as a destination for everyone looking for a special place to call home.

Please vote for the future of Elburn on April 7th, choose Patricia Romke as our next Mayor.

Richard Romke
    Elburn, IL.

28. OutWestinElburn

April 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Mr. Romke, I must say that it seems as though Jim Willey wrote your letter for you! You must have forgot all of the Police Chiefs, Public Works Superintendants and numerous other staff members that we have gone though while Mr. Willey has been president. I think that says a lot about how he has lead the Village. As far as some of your comments, I don’t recall any false accusations about your wife being made, I know comments that I have made can be proven by FACT and in writing if you would like certain emails posted to this site. Maybe it would have been in both of your best interest to make a trip to the local coffee shop to meet the real people of the Village! Hmm… I even recall a comment made by your wife about “Let’s meet for coffee in Elburn”! Taking back Elburn 30 years? I don’t think so. Committee structure form of government was used when Village President Willey took office as Village President. It was changed because he thought there were too many meetings. All committee meetings are open to the public and press and are published like any other Village meeting. It seems to me that a committee structure would be better suited for this Village. By doing so, issues would not be debated twice both at the committee of the whole then again at Village Board meetings. If you have faith in your committee members, they will bring the appropriate information forward to the entire board where it can be voted on. I will give your wife credit for going door to door to help solicit votes for the election, but she has had many opportunities to meet people and share her ideas since being a trustee for two years. It seems as though she sat idol and just voted with the majority the whole time. Why would it be any different if she is elected? She has no experience to lead the village into the future. This is the major difference between her and her opponent David Anderson. Politics is irrelevant in this race, we need a leader who can communicate with everyone, both locally, state wide, and nationally to take Elburn into the future. I think David Anderson is much more qualified to do that. Dave Anderson has my vote, and I think is by far the best choice for Village of Elburn President.

29. Patricia Romke

April 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM

VOTE FOR PATRICIA ROMKE ON APRIL 7TH

ELBURN VILLAGE HALL, 301 E NORTH ST, ELBURN
    BLACKBERRY TOWN HALL, 43W390 MAIN STREET RD, ELBURN
    ELBURN COUNTRYSIDE COMMUNITY CENTER, 525 N MAIN, ELBURN

30. Richard Romke

April 1, 2009 at 8:23 PM

outwestinelburn, I challenge you to stop hiding behind a pseudonym and print your real name. If you truly believe what you are posting, this should not be a problem for you.

31. Tim Wilson

April 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Credibility can only be given to those who stand up for what they believe in. Not those that shoot from the bushes.

32. OutWestinElburn

April 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Romke, I am sorry that I am unable to provide my identity at this time due to possible repercussions based on the outcome of the election. However, I will say that I am very familiar with the Village of Elburn administration, board and staff and its operations and activities.

33. Concerned Citizen

April 2, 2009 at 7:04 AM

Ms. Romke,

I have a problem with a few of your statements as it seems as if you are backpeddling and do not even know it. On March 3rd you had stated above that \Residential growth, studies have shown, does not pay its way in infrastructure costs, of vital services, let alone the desired amenities.\ Yet you are stating in today’s Elburn Herald that we must work with developers and going through the annexation process, they should make sure that the village does not have sprawl and disconnected growth.

This does not make sense. Does it? First you are saying we cant hold devolpers accountable for infratructure costs of vital services. Now you are trying too?? Im really confused!!! Remember Mrs. Romke you also stated that \Growth for growth’s sake can be like a cancer. It will suffocate and kill that which is good in our community.\ Again you were part of this growth being on the village board.

It seems as if we have forgotten during the past Ten years what trully matters to the people of Elburn. Myself included we would like our lots to stop flooding, our sewer treatment plant to run efficiently, and to also see our mayor or \president\ about or in town. I love Elburn and always will. I just want whats best. One more question Mrs. Romke what happens when being a realtor and village president conflict? How do you decide between closing on a $500K house and attending a meeting.

34. Patricia Romke

April 2, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Dear concerned citizen, I would be happy to respond to your questions about my views and my career as it pertains to my duties as Village President, if you will also stop hiding behind a pseudonym.

35. Concerned Citizen

April 2, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Mrs Romke,

I live in the Northeast section of town close to the Fire Department. Feel free to e-mail me at anytime, as I have posted it. However I would like the public to see your response. It is only fair. Please let me remind you that I am not for either candidate. I have my own issues with Mr. Anderson, but his experience is impressive. Thank you

36. Patricia Romke

April 2, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I will only respond to people who are brave enough to print their real names.

37. Patricia Romke

April 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM

“Women have for centuries been recognized as talented listeners, nurturers, motivators, excellent communicators. These very qualities that we once were told were unbusinesslike are precisely the qualities that business needs most to tap human potential”.

Mary Cunningham Agee

ELBURN VILLAGE HALL, 301 E NORTH ST, ELBURN
    BLACKBERRY TOWN HALL, 43W390 MAIN STREET RD, ELBURN
    ELBURN COUNTRYSIDE COMMUNITY CENTER, 525 N MAIN, ELBURN

NEED A RIDE? CALL 630-365-1207

41. Patricia Romke

April 5, 2009 at 9:08 AM

What do the Elburn residents care about? Today up in Prairie Valley, and these last couple of weeks in Blackberry Creek, I have been walking door-to-door meeting as many residents as I possibly can. Do you know what they want? They want to be heard; they want a leader who cares about them, who understands their struggles, who is sympathetic to their needs. They aren’t asking for a lot, in fact their first reaction is “nothing, everything is great”, then a pause and “Oh but, what about the Walgreens, will there be landscape screening”, and the best one I heard today was “We have the best police department” I wish some of the trustee candidates who have been so critical of our police department could have heard that one!! They do want someone who will come to them, knock on their door and say, “how can I help you”? “What do you need”? I will be that leader, I will continue to be a participant in the community, I will go out and talk to the residents, not wait for them to come to village hall once they have a problem. I will be at the Dewey Dash on April 19th, I will continue the CERT training on Thursday nights, I will promote the Village of Elburn and what it has to offer whenever the opportunity presents itself and if it doesn’t then I will create those opportunities to showcase our town.

Make the right choice on April 7, 2009.

Vote for Patricia Romke for the Village of Elburn.
    For more information go to http://patriciaromke.com

42. Patricia Romke

ELBURN VILLAGE HALL, 301 E NORTH ST, ELBURN
    BLACKBERRY TOWN HALL, 43W390 MAIN STREET RD, ELBURN
    ELBURN COUNTRYSIDE COMMUNITY CENTER,525 N MAIN, ELBURN

44. Kev

April 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM

VOTE FOR PATRICIA ROMKE APRIL 7TH
    PATRICIA REPRESENTS VISION, DEDICATION, INTEGRITY, EXPERIENCE AND MOST OF ALL, NON-PARTISANSHIP, NO TIES TO ANY POLITICIAN, LOCAL, COUNTY, STATE OR NATIONAL

45. Budget Guru

April 5, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Political ties are not necessary however, open doors and good relations are. After all, the village president will indeed need to work with our local, county, state and national politicians for various reasons. Good luck to Mr. Anderson!!! It’s good to know he has relations with people on many different levels!

46. Elburn Voters

April 6, 2009 at 11:04 AM

VOTE DAVID ANDERSON TOMORROW APRIL 7TH. Please remember his experience, and He is good for Elburn, He is good for Elburn, He is good for Elburn!

From Numerous Elburn Voters!

47. Women Voters for Patricia

April 6, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Let’s show them how its done!
    Vote for Patricia Romke

48. Concerned citizen

April 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

To: Women Voters for Patricia
    I find you comment very distasteful! This race is not based on sexual orientation. It is about whats good for Elburn. i find that Mrs Romke does have some great qualities to be a leader. However look at experience. Mrs. Romke does not have any! She may have great business ethics in the healthcare field, but not for running a village.

I hope all MEN and WOMEN Vote Dave Anderson!!!! GOOD LUCK Mr. Anderson!!

John S.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login