- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Financial aid applications available for NIU
DEKALBâ€”Financial aid applications for the fall semester of the NIU Community School of the Arts are now available online and in the Music Building at Northern Illinois University.
Students 18-years-old and younger who want to pursue their study of the arts, but who cannot afford the cost, are invited to apply for help through the program. Students may apply for scholarships for private music lessons, classes, and ensembles, as well as for art and theatre classes. The fall semester begins in September.
The deadline for financial aid applications is August 31.
The NIU Community School of the Arts is sponsored by the College of Visual and Performing Arts at Northern Illinois University. There are approximately 80 teachers offering lessons on most musical instruments, as well as in art and theatre. More than 500 community people from nearly 50 towns and cities travel to DeKalb each semester for lessons and classes.
Application forms are available by calling the office at (815) 753-1450 or online at www.niu.edu/extprograms. The NIU Community School of the Arts is located in Room 132 of the Music Building.