- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Stop the spread of the flu by practicing good habits
COUNTYâ€”With students back to school, the Kane County Health Department wants to remind the community that not only is the H1N1 flu virus still active, but we also have to be concerned about the seasonal flu.
Schools bring large groups of young people together in an enclosed area, which can help spread the virus. The Health Department is asking for everyoneâ€™s help in preventing the spread of H1N1 and the season flu.
â€œThis fall we are looking at the possibility of battling two types of flu, the seasonal kind and the H1N1 virus. We can cut down on the spread of both by covering our coughs, washing our hands and staying home when weâ€™re sick,â€ Paul Kuehnert, Health Department Executive Director, said.
The Illinois Department of Health has two hotlines available to answer questions about the H1N1 virus: 1-866)-848-2094 for English, and 1-866-241-2138 for Spanish. More flu information is available that Health Departmentâ€™s web site at www.kanehealth.com, or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.flu.gov. You can also follow the Kane County Health Department on Twitter at KaneCoHealth.