- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Minor injuries in crash at Route 38 and LaFox Road
COUNTYâ€”Kane County Sheriffâ€™s Deputies and the Campton Hills Police Department responded to a traffic crash with injuries at Route 38 and LaFox Road in unincorporated Campton Township just after 3 p.m. on Sept. 9.
According to police, a semi-tractor driven by Nurdin Brzovic of Wheaton, Ill., was traveling east on Route 38, approaching the intersection of LaFox Road. The semi-tractor failed to stop for the red light and struck a Dodge Ram 2500, driven by John Kalchbrenner of Oak Lawn, Ill., who was turning east on Route 38 from southbound LaFox Road. After the impact, the Dodge truck was pushed southeast from the intersection into the Lord of Life Church parking lot. Eventually the Dodge struck two unoccupied vehicles, a 2003 Chevy S-10 which was parked next to a 2003 Pontiac Montana Van.
Brzovic and Kalchbrenner were transported to Delnor Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Brzovic was issued a citation for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and disobey a traffic control device.