- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Emerald Ash Borer visits SG
by Susan O’Neill
SUGAR GROVEâ€”The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) has infected a number of village trees, requiring the Public Works Department to cut down 22 trees.
The majority of the trees were in the Windsor Pointe and Windstone subdivisions. Streets and Properties Supervisor Geoff Payton said he anticipates that another 15 to 22 trees will need to be cut down.
Payton said that although the village would not cut down trees on private property, if residents feel they might have a EAB problem, they can call the Sugar Grove Public Works Department at (630) 466-7503. If he feels it is warranted, he will recommend they call in a certified arborist to confirm the existence of the disease.