- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Local group celebrates 92 years
ELBURNâ€”The Kane County Association for Home and Community Education (HEA) will celebrate its 92nd year beginning the week of Oct. 11.
The mission of HEA week is to strengthen individuals and families through continuing education, community service and leadership development.
It is an all-volunteer, nonprofit adult organization that makes a difference for Kane County families and communities.
Monthly meetings are held with educational programs, international foods, potluck dinners, cultural enrichment and projects supporting community outreach.
The village of Elburn passed a proclamation recognizing the organization and its milestone, stating that the board â€œofficially recognize(s) the importance and contributions of the Kane County Association for Home and Community Education, and urge all citizens to support the Association during their special week of celebration and recognition of Home and Community Education which will take place Oct. 11-18, 2009.â€
For more information, call (630) 365-9818.