- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Bank planned for complex wants more time
by Martha Quetsch
DeKalb-based Castle Bank, which plans to build a branch next to the new Walgreens in Elburn, asked the village to allow up to two more years for the company to pursue the project.
The Elburn Planning Commission reviewed Castle’s request on Tuesday and recommended that the Village Board approve it.
Castle representatives did not give a reason for wanting the extension.
This is the second extension Castle has requested. Last fall, the village granted Castle a one-year extension, permitting the bank to start construction by Dec. 31, 2009. The village’s original approval in 2007 required Castle to start building by Dec. 31, 2008.