- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Bank planned for complex wants more time
by Martha Quetsch
DeKalb-based Castle Bank, which plans to build a branch next to the new Walgreens in Elburn, asked the village to allow up to two more years for the company to pursue the project.
The Elburn Planning Commission reviewed Castle’s request on Tuesday and recommended that the Village Board approve it.
Castle representatives did not give a reason for wanting the extension.
This is the second extension Castle has requested. Last fall, the village granted Castle a one-year extension, permitting the bank to start construction by Dec. 31, 2009. The village’s original approval in 2007 required Castle to start building by Dec. 31, 2008.