- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Conley Outreach October Grief events
Elburnâ€”Conley Outreach scheduled the following events for the month of October.
Digital Scrapbooking Session.
Learn the latest in digital scrapbooking techniques at this hands-on workshop on Thursday, Oct. 15, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Bring at least eight pictures (on CD, flash drive or physical photos) to create two or more memorial pages to honor the life of a loved one. Digital software will be available for purchase, but is not required.
Preregistration is required; class size limited to six. Additional participants bringing their own laptops will be accepted. The event will be held at the Great Lakes Leadership Campus, 526 N. Main Street, Elburn.
Friendship Night offers Grief Support
Conley Outreach Community Services, together with Conley Funeral Home, will host its monthly Friendship Night meeting on Thursday, Oct. 22, at 7 p.m. at the Great Lakes Leadership Campus, 526 N. Main St. in Elburn. Friendship Night is a free, self-help group for grieving adults.
This monthâ€™s topic is: â€œIâ€™m Fine … and Other Lies.â€
Light refreshments and a time for informal sharing will follow the group discussion. For more information, call Conley Outreach at (630) 365-2880.