- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Elburn village notes Oct. 16
by Martha Quetsch
Village serves as policing authority for cemetery
Elburn Police Department now has police powers in and around Blackberry Township Cemetery, under an intergovernmental agreement Elburn has with Blackberry Township and the Kane County Sheriff.
The Elburn Village Board on Oct. 5 approved an intergovernmental agreement among the village, Blackberry Township and the Kane County Sheriff.
Under the agreement, Elburn police may enforce all state laws relating to cemeteries and state traffic and criminal ordinances, in and around Blackberry Township Cemetery.
Homeowner obtains setback variance for porch
The village of Elburn will permit a shorter setback for Eileen Owczarak’s backyard at 408 Saratoga Drive in Elburn, allowing her to have a screened porch installed there.
Owczarak recently petitioned the village for the setback variance, which the Village Board approved Monday. The variance changes the rear-yard setback for the property from 30 to 24 feet.