- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Community forum offers information to help people with disabilities
Genevaâ€”Nationally and in Kane County, people with developmental disabilities and mental health issues face a shortage of affordable housing that meets their needs for supportive services.
Individuals interested in this situation are invited to a public forum to find out more about the housing resources that are currently available for people with disabilities in Kane County and to discuss what can be done to create more of this type of housing.
The forum will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 11, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Geneva Public Library, 127 James St.
The program is sponsored by Advocates Network of Kane and Kendall Counties, Association for Individual Development, FITE Center for Independent Living, Housing Action Illinois, League of Women Voters of Geneva-St. Charles and Prairie State Legal Services.
For more information, call (312) 939-6074, ext. 206, or e-mail email@example.com.