- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Angela (McCarthy) Salerno
Angela (McCarthy) Salerno, 64, of Elburn, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 27, after a courageous two-year battle with cancer.
She was born April 9, 1945, in Waterford, Ireland, the loving daughter of Stephen and Margaret McCarthy.
She is survived by her husband, Jim Salerno; children, Joe Salerno and Paula (Mike) Edwards and her two grandchildren, Corey and Jason Edwards; older brother, Michael, and younger siblings John, Pat and Linda. Angela is preceded is in death by her father, mother and younger sister, Marie, who died in infancy.
Angela was so kind and always put othersâ€™ needs before her own. She touched the hearts of everyone that had the pleasure of meeting the Angel that she is. A memorial service will be held at St. Gallâ€™s Catholic Church in Elburn on Thursday, Nov. 5, at 1 p.m. God rest her soul.