- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Delores â€˜Deeâ€™ Hunley
Delores “Dee” Hunley, 79, of Aurora, passed away Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009, at home. She was born on April 12, 1930 in Aurora, the daughter of the late Melburn R. and Irene (Bruce) Hupach.
Dee has been a compassionate caregiver since 1988 with Copley Home Care and Comfort Keepers. One of her favorite past times was playing the organ. She played a “mean” Beer Barrel Polka.
She is survived by her children, Nancy (Joseph) Myers III, Gary (Connie) Hunley and Marsha (Delvin) Noss Jr.; grandchildren, Lindsay and Kimberly Hunley and David, Ryan, Brianne McCoy; sister, Charleen Gray; niece, Janeen Pienkos; nephew, Scott (Diane) Gray; and special friend, Norma Hester.
Along with her parents, she was preceded in death by her grandson, Joey Myers IV.
Visitation was held on Monday, Nov. 9, from 10 a.m. until the time of service at 1 p.m. at The Healy Chapel, 370 Division Dr., Sugar Grove, IL, 60554. Burial took place at Oak Ridge Cemetery, Sandwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to a charity of one’s choice.
For further information, please call (630) 466-1330 or visit www.healychapel.com to sign the online guestbook.
Dee was a sweet and loving mother, grandmother and friend, and will be deeply missed.