- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Elburn could join consortium for Nicor contract
ELBURNâ€”Elburn may join a consortium of local communities to establish a natural gas franchise agreement.
The village’s current franchise agreement with Nicor to supply gas expires in 2011.
â€œIt will be necessary to negotiate a new franchise agreement in the coming months,â€ Assistant Village Administrator David Morrison said during Monday’s Finance Committee meeting.
The consortium began forming recently and already includes Sugar Grove. Approximately 30 communities in DeKalb, Kendall and Kane counties could take part in negotiating a contract to benefit all.
Each municipality must pay $500 to participate in the process.
The Elburn Finance Committee on Monday decided to recommend that the Village Board approve joining the consortium.