- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Police witness fatal crash
Kane Countyâ€”Kane County Sheriffâ€™s deputies witnessed a fatal traffic accident on Sunday at 11:50 p.m. while responding to a report of a different accident.
According to a release from the Sheriffâ€™s Department, Kane County Sheriff’s Deputies were responding to assist the Campton Hills Police Department with a traffic crash with injuries near Route 47 and Silver Glen roads.
While enroute to the crash, a Sheriff’s deputy witnessed a 2005 Chevrolet van traveling west on Route 64 near Wasco. The van was weaving across the two lanes of traffic. As the van approached Anderson Road, it began to skid.
The van struck a guardrail on the north side of Route 64, re-entered the roadway, crossed both lanes of traffic and left the roadway on the south side of Route 64, striking a concrete culvert and rolling onto the driver’s side of the vehicle. The driver, Jack A. Falzone, 55, of Campton Hills, was located inside the vehicle and was not wearing a seatbelt.
Elburn EMS arrived on the scene and pronounced the subject deceased. The driver was the sole occupant of the vehicle.
Route 64 was closed between Anderson Road and Hansen Road for approximately four hours while the crash was investigated.