- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
State group names KHS Illinois State Scholars
Kanelandâ€”The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) recognized 19,345 high school students from 752 different schools from across the state as 2010 Illinois State Scholars.
Illinois State Scholar winners rank in the top 10 percent of high school seniors. Selection is based on SAT, ACT and/or Prairie State Achievement Exam scores, and/or class rank at the end of the junior year.
â€œExcellent high school grades are tremendously important for laying the groundwork for future college success,â€ said ISAC Executive Director Andrew Davis. â€œIllinois State Scholars are the best and the brightest in our state’s high schools, and we salute them, their families and their teachers on this achievement.â€
Earning the distinction from Kaneland were Jenna Bartel, Emily Butts, Kristyn Chapman, Megan Cline, Eric Dratnol, David Dudzinski, Joseph Garlinsky, Tara Groen, Amy Husk, Haley Johnson, Samantha Johnson, Brett Ketza, Kevin Krasinski, Micaela Lane, Logan Markuson, Melanie Mazuc, Vincent Micek, Alexandra Morefield, Joss Nicholson, Zachary Nolte, Tara Olson, Kasey Ostarello, Kylen Pattermann, Justin Phillips, Lisa Roberson, Erin Rodway, Patrick Ruffolo, Kelly Shaw, Nikki Smith, George Spirakis, Elizabeth Webb.