- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Letter: Bob Janes: A man of compassion, fairness
I have known Bob Janes for 25 years. For 12 years, he was my attorney before spending the last 13 as an Associate Judge here in Kane County. For the entire time, Bob and his wife Mary, along with their sons Dan and Steve, have been my friends.
While receiving the highest recommendation available from both the Kane County Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association shows what his peers think of him, and his endorsements from newspapers and elected officials has shown he is held in high regard by his contemporaries, itâ€™s the number of lifelong friends he has that shows his true character.
I know no man to be more compassionate, and I know of no judge more committed to fairness and the simple concept of right and wrong.
On Feb. 2, I ask all of you to join me in voting for Judge Robert L. Janes.