- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Bowlers lose to Fenton, DeKalb
by Mike Slodki
Kaneland bowling fell to non-conference adversary Fenton on Jan. 20 by a final of 2,531-2,386. They followed that up with a 2,903-2,317 loss to rival DeKalb on Tuesday.
For Kaneland (3-8, 1-6 Western Sun Conference), yet another good performance was had by Holly Thomas against the Bison, who gathered a 582 series, buoyed by a massive 257 game, a KHS record. Thomas also had back-to-back games of 164.
Molly Lambert bowled a 466 series, while teammate Jessie McHenry was not far behind with a 462. Lambertâ€™s performance was highlighted by a 183 game, while McHenry managed a 188.
On Tuesday, Thomas bowled a 620 series, followed by a 420 series by both Amy Kuryliw and McHenry.
Molly Lambert bowled a 414 series on what was her birthday, and thinks things could pick up for her in the regular seasonâ€™s homestretch.
â€œI think Iâ€™ve improved,â€ Lambert said. â€œI was at a 138 average and Iâ€™ve gone up a few pins so itâ€™s getting better. The focus is there, definitely.â€
The Lady Knights battle IMSA in Aurora on Thursday, Jan. 28.