- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Senior citizens reminded about tax deferral program
Kane Countyâ€”Real Estate Tax Deferral applications are available through the Kane County Treasurer’s Office. This program permits qualified senior citizens to defer all or a portion of their real estate taxes.
Once completed, these forms should be returned to the Kane County Treasurer’s Office on or before March 1.
To qualify, a Senior Citizen must:
â€¢ Be 65 or older by June 1, 2010
â€¢ Have a total household income of $50,000 or less
â€¢ Have lived on the property for at least three years
â€¢ Not owe any delinquent property taxes
â€¢ Have homeowners insurance.
If you have a mortgage, you should also submit proof that your agreement allows you to participate in the Senior Tax Deferral Program.
Forms may be picked up at the Treasurer’s Office located at 719 Batavia Avenue, Building (A), in Geneva or they may be obtained by mail. People needing assistance or advice may contact Della Winckler at the Treasurer’s Office at (630) 232-3565.