- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Bowling finishes 12th in sectional
Kaneland High School bowling saw its season come to an end on Saturday morning.
Finishing 12th out of 18 teams at the Sycamore Sectional out at Four Seasons Sports, and ahead of previous opponents Huntley and Geneva, the Lady Knightsâ€™ team total of 4,611 pins knocked down was not enough to advance to Saturdayâ€™s State gathering as a team or with high-enough individual scores.
The Lady Barbs of DeKalb, with a score of 5,796, took the Sectional, with Jacobs also advancing to state with 5,741.
Sycamore (5,676) and Rochelle (5,419) finished third and fourth, respectively.
Sycamore senior Chelsea Royalty, with a series of 1,308, was crowned sectional champ, followed by Rochelleâ€™s Cody Koch at 1,259.
The Lady Knights say goodbye to seniors Amy Kuryliw, Molly Lambert, Tierra Lee and Jessie McHenry in varsity, and Eva Bartel and Sabrina Gabrielle on JV.